HVAC Service Technician
Job Title: HVAC Service Technician & Installer
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for residential customers for Markham’s #1 Residential HVAC Contractor. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit monthly mileage log forms.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Gas Technician 2 or 3
- Training available
- Well groomed, neat appearance
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid social insurance number
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Arriving on time for work and using the company vehicle for company business
- Willing to sign an employment contract
- Experience in installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting HVAC service issues.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
Please send your resume mentioning the position of interest to:
John St Germain
Unionville Heating and Air Conditioning
5 – 18 Ringwood Drive, Suite 413
Stouffville, ON L4A 0N2
Call or Text: 416-990-1535